The pace and stress in today’s working environment is so high that most of us suffer from health problems of varying nature. We are victims of stress, pain, anxiety, obesity and other lifestyle related problems. Unfortunately health is the first thing that is de-prioritized. Sitting for the whole day in a wrong posture for hours, taking too much stress and working late night are constantly changing the alignment and intelligence of our body. Our body is constantly getting haphazardly remodeled. We become aware of it one fine day only when we get up with a shooting pain. Sedentary lifestyle makes our mind and body fatigue faster and thereby reduces our energy levels.
Our personal experience in the IT Industry has given us a better understanding of the actual needs of the Industry and we intend to create more awareness of Yoga and it’s benefit for a sedentary lifestyle through our corporate talks/workshops. These could be on any topics related to Yoga and can be delivered based on the interest of the employer and target audience. Below are some of the topics
- Science behind Yoga practice (Why Yoga?)
- Yoga that can be practiced at desk
- Yoga for stress
- Yoga for specific ailment: Back Pain/ Shoulder Pain etc
- Yoga to improve focus/concentration
- 6. Guided Meditation and Pranayama
Benefits of Yoga at work:
- Irrespective of the place practiced, yoga generates soothing results. But at work place, we focus more on de-stressing. With reduced stress level one can say good bye to many chronic health problems such as headache, sleeplessness, high blood pressure, obesity, diabetes etc.
- One can get rid of problems arising due to adopting wrong postures for longer durations. We have solutions to most commonly found problems due to wrong postures, such as low back pain, neck pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, eye strain Etc.
Benefits of yoga for an employer:
- Reduced the risk of acute and chronic medical condition of employee which will reduce the rate of absenteeism
- Provides a better and healthier way to bond among employees
- Better employee satisfaction at work place leads to lower attrition rate
- Healthier employee is equal to efficient working and better results